Goddess - Joespehine Angelini (Starcrossed #3) [MAJOR SPOILERS]

**THERE ARE SOME SERIOUS SPOILERS IN THIS, SO IF YOU WANT TO READ THE TRILOGY/BOOK AND WANT TO FULLY ENJOY IT, PLEASE DON'T READ THIS POST.**
After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.



Review 

Its over... I'm so emotional right now. Its actually over. It was an amazing way to end the trilogy full of surprises and twists and so much action! I think I'm going into a reading slump now that I've finished the trilogy.

Where to start...
I did have some problems with Dreamless, the second book, so I was worried about the whole Orion-Helen-Lucas thing going into the third book but it actually turned out so beautifully and I loved them all. Orion was such a cutie with Cassandra and Lucas going into over-protective brother mode was just so...AHHHHH! I just love the characters so much, I'm so sad to leave their world.

So Helen is a demigod, she has extremely powerful abilities that she has now inherited through the blood brothers fiasco that happened in Dreamless. She can now see people's emotions and concur earthquakes, which were passed on from Orion. From Lucas, she inherited the shadows and the falsefinder traits. The Gods are also preparing for war, but this time its different as sides are chosen and secrets are revealed.

This book had me all over the place, literally. Half of the time I was angry with a certain someone because she was just keeping it all hush hush and I just wanted the truth to come out. I was also so happy the Delos clan were back to normal, unlike how I felt about them in the second book, all the characters bought such exciting parts in the story and I love them and the world and Josephine and and and... I literally don't even have words for how good this book was. When I wasn't reading, I was constantly thinking about it and I had no one to talk to about because none of my friends have read this trilogy.

Now onto the actual good stuff.
Hector, as always, was my favourite. At the start of Starcrossed I was a little bit afraid of him as to what extent he would go to try and kill Helen. But of course he was under the Furies' spell. Hector just turned out to be such a badass, his loyalty to his family and how he helped Helen discover some of her talents. I actually started crying at the scene when he dies because the character development for Hector was so big as he went from a total ass to such a loving person and it just made me bawl my eyes out. And also how he instantly fell in love with Andy, oh gosh. Not gonna spoil ya anymore, ops.

Lucas, sigh, I've enjoyed reading about you for the past week more than I haven't enjoyed reading about any other character, same goes with Hector. Lucas in this book definitely killed me, when he went into the Underworld to give himself up for Hector, I was so proud of him that he would do that, I started crying, again. I was also sad because, as a reader, you know the full truth about him and Helen not actually being related, so him becoming Hades kind of broke me.

Every decision Helen made was just ridiculous and so suicidal, but in the end she succeeded in all she had set out to do and I was really impressed with her character development and I started to really admire the things she did for her family and friends. She was just so badass in this book, I loved all the action scenes with her. One thing that kind of irritated me was how she would play with Orion and Lucas, and because I love them both I was just so torn on some of her decisions.

Orion was just perfect in this book, the way he took care of Helen when things got out of hand and how he protected the Delos family, it was just so amazing and I'm literally so happy with how it all ended.

All the characters were just so amazing and I'm so sad to leave the world,  this trilogy has been such a fun and emotional roller coaster. I loved the mythology in the book, we get snippets from Helen of Troy, Lancelot and Guinevere, Paris, Zeus, Aphrodite and all the other gods I can't remember and the whole story was just incredible. The last half of the book was just non-stop action and I freaking loved it! You didn't know what was about to happen and when it did happen, things got real. It was just such an emotional trilogy and I totally recommend if you love Greek mythology or just looking for some action packed romance! There's mystery, suspense, action, it has it all and the characters are superb, so if you haven't read the trilogy, pick it up!

No comments: